11.30.2009

You Belong to Me

In my mind and in my heart, the meaning of this song goes beyond the love between a man and a woman. It is part of the soundtrack for the movie "Fireproof" which is an incredible movie about love, marriage, romance, and daring to be the best husband and wife you can be. The relationship we have with Jesus is sometimes compared to marriage, because the Bible says that Jesus is like a bridegroom coming for his beloved bride. I love this song because it reminds me that I belong to Jesus! Sometimes when I feel so far away from Him, I like to listen to this song and remember that I ALWAYS belong to Jesus--even if I don't feel like it. He is always waiting for me to come back to Him--His arms are always open for me to run to. Thank You, Jesus! I have always belonged to You!